Sunday, May 10, 2009

Milk Crust

It was only after I met my fiance who had a penchant for Lattes in the mornings that I realised this particular one.

Every morning, he would heat the milk up in a small non-stick saucepan before pouring it into the espresso to make beautiful foamy lattes.

One morning, I decided that I would surprise him by taking over this task. So I heated up the milk to a boil, and poured it into two mugs. It was at that moment that I noticed that, there, at the bottom of the non-stick pan was a thin layer of crust formed by the slightly burnt milk. Now, to some, this actually might be something that they might consider popping into their mouths to savour.

But observing it very closely, it started to give me the creeps and I didn't quite understand why. (This was, of course, before I realised it was linked to my other phobia of the sesame seeds and holes in things)....

The photo here is downloaded, so it isn't really exactly the same thing. However, if you can imagine the frothing nozzle on a capuccino machine, and the milk that dries up in a thin milk crust on it if it isn't cleaned properly, then that is what I am talking about.

When it came to washing up, and I had to peel this layer off the bottom of the pan - holes and all, I really wanted to SCREEEAM and I could feel my eyes start to water.

When I think about it, its really hilarious, but it felt SO good to throw it into the bin.

Scary scale : 8/10 (all those tiny hooooooles.....!!!)

No comments:

Followers